Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Mission

Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a church mission. I have never done anything like this before and didn't really know what to expect. The initial invitation came via video and after watching, I knew I had to be there. I invited my friend Britt thinking she would enjoy it as well and Mom decided to attend too.

The mission speaker was Father Larry Richards from The Reason For Our Hope Foundation. Father Larry is a very holy man, and a very passionate man who is extremely engaging. He promises that you will never be bored if you listen to him. While he can sometimes be abrasive and slightly offensive, I really enjoyed his talks.

For four nights we attended from 7-9pm which is not easy on a school night and often he would run late. Topics discussed included prayer, family, confession and healing. The evening on prayer was the most moving for me personally but I left each night with some great messages and certainly some goals to work on as I strengthen my faith.
Mom was unable to attend the last night but Britt and I made it all four nights and really believed we grew spiritually.
I encourage anyone to listen to him speak. He will certainly make you think.


No comments: