Thursday, July 19, 2007

Getting Ready

We have a big week ahead of us so we spent today getting ourselves ready. This weekend is the Second Annual Mother/Daughter weekend with my MWCC group. We will go to Lake Dillon for the weekend. Last year we had a terrific time and thus the tradition was born. It rained a lot last year so we are looking forward to having some nice weather this weekend. I love to just have some time with the girls and I think Zeb enjoys some time without all us girls. I'll update on the events when I return.

It was tricky getting ready today as we are also prepping to leave for Virginia. Ninety members of the McCann clan will converge in Williamsburg, Virginia on Monday. Nana is turning ninety so a celebration was in order. I'm sure this many people were not present at her seventy-fifth birthday so it is indeed a rare and special occasion. We'll be back from mountains on Sunday and will leave on Monday for the big reunion.

My folks and brother are already on their way. Tracie will leave on Sunday. It should be a good time. My only hope is to go to Virginia Beach and to control my hair. I worry about Kailei and the mosquitoes but will have to take things in stride. I'm trying some new repellent and hope it works on her. The welts the poor child gets from bites scare me.

In preparation for the trip we got our haircuts today. Yes, we drove to Greeley. I know you all think I'm crazy but I've been going to Shari for over twenty years now. It pretty much takes the majority of the day to make the trek there and back but guess it is just a habit now. Keara loves to go. Really, she gets a hairdo rather than a haircut. She always leaves looking as if she is off to a party. Today she wore one of her princess crowns and took delight in her head full of curls. Kailei doesn't have much to work with yet but she gets a mini hairdo as well.

Anyway, given that info you can guess we will be busy. I won't have access to a computer but will update when I return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Christine you have a busy week planned, but it sounds like you're ready. I'm looking forward to having fun in the mountains!

Love the new website! You've done an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Christine thanks for sharing blog and pics -- I enjoyed the reading/veiwing! Uncle Brian.